Sunday, December 6, 2009

Welcoming Committee in Heaven?

Sorry, it has been a while since I last blogged. Life has been crazy lately. Last Friday, my sweet friend Melissa went to live with Jesus. I am not going to say much, but I do want people to remember her the way I do. If you knew her, you know she is dancing at the feet of our Lord right now. I don't know what Heaven is like, but I've sure been thinking about it lately. If they have a welcoming committee in Heaven, I know she is the chairman. Honestly, she is the reason, Matthew and I are members at TaylorS First Baptist Church. She and Thomas were the only couple that reached out to us when we visited. We instantly became friends. Melissa was the most outgoing person, I have ever met. She also has the most amazing parents in the world. I have posted in the past how much her sweet parents mean to us, and it remains true today. They will always be our dear friends. I know I said that I wasn't going to say much, and a page later, I still write. I hope and pray that people remember Melissa as the loud, passionate, loving, caring, Mexican food eating, dancing queen that I will remember her as. We loved her very much!

8 comments:

It's a Mom Thing said...

well said, d! she is one of the first people we met at TFBC. she walked through the line with thomas the sunday we officially joined. she commented that we looked too young to have children. i've loved her ever since that comment. :) but really, she was such a warm, friendly, and welcoming person. and we will miss her!

KLee said...

Great words! I love seeing pictures of her full of life! It is still so hard to believe she is no longer here with us, but, along with you, I rejoice knowing she will welcome me home one day!

The Buczkowski Blog said...

I know what it is like to lose a close friend. It broke my heart reading your post. I lost my best friend 8 years ago to cancer and after she passed away heaven felt so real and close for the first time. It wasn't just something that was hard to imagine it was very real. I am sorry for your loss. She wasn't originally from charlotte was she?

Lane Moore said...

Delecta....I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet friend. B. and I lost a friend recently and it was so difficult for eveyone that loved him.


on another note:

you should run the half marathon with Sarah and I. I did it last spring...I made a schedule for both of us and we are doing it coming up April 24. The training doesn't officially start for another two weeks. I can send you the schedule if you think you might want to:)

Mak said...

Delecta - I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. She looks so familiar to me. Not sure of all of the circumstances, but do know what depression can do to a person and family. I'm praying for everyone involved.

The Richey's said...

Delecta...you couldn't have said it better! I'll never forget the first time I met Melissa and how sweet and welcoming she was! She will truly be missed!
Hope you and your sweet family are doing well!

Lane Moore said...

alright girl, send me your email address so I can get the schedule/info to ya....i'm definitely thinking this is going to be lots of fun! If you have the "you're crazy thoughts."...we are crazy!...but man oh man is it the best feeling ever at the end:)

you can send your email to
ldmoore83@gmail.com

W and Js mommy said...

I love that picture of her holding M. I have one very simliar of her holding Jay I think he was about 2 or 3 weeks old. She was my crazy over the top- hyper Melissa but I loved her just the same. I know you had a sweet friendship with her.