Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Random Rambling Tuesday - Addiction


Last week was my first week of our new work schedule. I'm excited about the opportunity for more "life balance, " to spend more time with Matthew and Marli Claire. I said all of that to say this, I can't wait to blog more. I enjoy blogging so much! In the past, it was hard for me to find time to post. Now, I will be able to post every day if I wanted. Don't expect daily postings, because that will not happen. A month or so ago, I added a post entitled Random Ramblings. Don't think that just because I haven't posted any other random ramblings, that I haven't had them. I have been keeping a list when they come to me, which I am embarrassed to admit, is often. I plan to post Random Ramblings on Tuesdays. So, it's Tuesday, and here it goes.

When I added the Final Farewell post to my blog on September 13, 2009, I didn't know the papparazzi was going to show up at the premiere of New Moon and catch me with this:



Since I was tagged on Facebook, and many comments have been made about the photo, I thought it would be best to address the issue where it all began, on this blog. Now, I could make up some great story like, "I was just holding my friend Brittani's Gingerbread Latte for her while she was in the restroom, and I was just enjoying the sweet aroma of her "christmas in a cup." But, I won't lie, it will only make matters worse. To be honest, I simply had a temporary relapse. This is where the random rambling part comes in: I would like to throw this out there, it has been rumored that Starbucks adds something to their coffee that causes addiction. While I haven't researched this in my lab, I have to believe this is true. I just can't quit! I'm a Starbucks junkie! Also, I would like to add that we have just passed the holiday season. Everyone knows that holidays are the hardest time. I mean, who in their right mind can resist the Gingerbread Latte, or the Pumpkin Spice, or the Peppermint Mocha (which comes in white chocolate too), and let's please don't forget the new Caramel Brulee Latte that was so kindly added to Holiday Favorites this November. I know that I said I would quit, and I did for a short period, then Thanksgiving approached me and reminded me how much I adore the Fall Favorites section of the menu board. Don't fear, I do have a plan! People were so generous to contribute to my challenge at Christmas by giving the most wonderful gift of Starbucks giftcards. My plan is to use them up, and get back on the bandwagon.
So, what do you think, does Starbucks lure us in with an additive or is this just in my head? I'd love to hear your thoughts, so, share them!

2 comments:

Charis Hill said...

starbucks gives us a sense of community...
and an addiction to caffeine..
im down with that.
:)

W and Js mommy said...

I am a fan of the caramel Brulee--ohhhhhhhh yummy and did you know you can get it cold too?? yummo