Monday, February 15, 2010

Our Valentine's Extravaganza!

I have no idea why some of the pictures are sideways!

Matthew, MC, and I had so much fun this Valentine's week. At the beginning of the week, Marli Claire received several gifts from Nunny, Austin, Andy, Sassy, Mark, Kay Kay, Bree, Ches, and Amanda, including the following:







We started our Valentine's Day festivities with a night out downtown. One of my guests from Wisteria gave us tickets to see Wicked at the Peace Center. (Unbelievable gift, I know!). Matthew and I ate at The Cazbah (one of my new favorites), then went to the show. On the way home, Matthew gave me this card:



In the inside, he wrote, "Delecta, you are my Bella." It also played Bella's lullaby. So hilarious and sweet! When we got home, we walked in to an extra clean house. Not only did my incredible in-laws keep MC for us, they cleaned our house! Could this get any better???

On Valentine's Day, we enjoyed a wonderful church service. On the way home, another card, including tickets to see a matinee movie. We chose Dear John, balled my eyes out, had a massive headache from trying not to cry, then headed back to church for another incredible service. Afterwards, we enjoyed what we named Brupper (definition: breakfast that was supposed to be brunch that ended up supper). I had fun coming up with ways to tacky up a good meal. I can't take all of the credit, my great friend Charis gave me the idea for the pink pancakes, and the greatest Sunday School teachers in the world (my high school SS teachers), Dwight and Jan, always made us this incredible Breakfast Pizza. Ok, Mr. Dwight didn't have much to do with the pizza! I made everything I could in the shape of hearts. Heart shaped butter, toast, breakfast pizza, and pink whole wheat pankcakes. Sidenote: This was Matthew's plate!




Marli Claire and I made Matthew his favorite cake, carrot cake for dessert. I had MC paint on edible rice paper with food coloring to add as the topper to Matthew's cake. She had a great time with her "color color."



THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A HEART!


These are a couple of Marli Claire's crafts she made for her daddy this week. You can tell that she made the door hanger. It was difficult for me to allow her to stick all of it on there by herself. My OCD was in rare form that day. I LOVE order, color coordination, and symmetry which this had none! It was hers to make, and I didn't want to stifle her creativity. She did a great job, and her daddy LOVED it!
RED AND WHITE BEAN CANDLE SHE MADE AT SCHOOL

GLASS HEART SHE MADE AT CHICK-FIL-A TODDLER TIME

DOOR HANGER SHE MADE AT CHICK-FIL-A TODDLER TIME

Whew! What a day! Tell me about yours, what did you do? Simple or extravagant? Tell me!


2 comments:

Ches Youngblood said...

I cried at church, Went to outreach and sat on piles of trash bags with a homeless woman, came home and rested! haha Not much!

Charis Hill said...

so so cute! i love mc!
your breakfast was cute... and i love MC's crafts.. she's ggonna be a great artist!
:)

i wish someone would clean my house for me.
hahahha
miss you.