Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Random Rambling Tuesday - Thanks!
As I reflect on Mother's Day 2010, I realize just how blessed I am. I am the daughter of the greatest mother on earth, I am the mother of the greatest daughter on earth, I am a sister to two incredible mothers, and I am the daughter of an amazing mother-in-law. Blessed beyond imagination!
Although I could never thank my mom enough for the things she has done for me, I would like to throw some pretty big ones out there! For some reason, I couldn't find a Hallmark card that included all of the following.
* Thank you for not beating me when I took your tithe money and walked to Dairy Queen and got a combo when I was 12.
* Thank you for not kicking me out when I came home with a tattoo.
* Thank you for loving me through that really odd "grunge" stage that I went through.
* Thank you for letting me have "personal days" from school when I just needed to stay home.
* And thank you for taking "personal days" from work when I needed you to stay home with me.
* Thank you for telling my crazy boyfriends that you knew a man in Willacoochie, Georgia that would kill them for $100 if they messed with me.
*And thank you for NOT telling Matthew that until we were already married.
* Thank you for making me write that report on lung cancer when you caught me smoking that cigarette butt off the ground in the back yard. It taught me that I NEVER wanted to do that again!
* Thank you for telling me that every pageant I didn't win was rigged.
* Thank you for never missing a single event that I ever participated in.
* Thank you for thinking I am a better singer than the artist of EVERY song I've ever sung.
* Thank you for raising three girls all by yourself.
* Thank you for driving us to the grocery store at 2am just to get stuff to bake us cookies when we had a craving.
*Thank you for never telling anyone that I was the one who sprayed the pepper spray on accident in the Subway bathroom that ultimately shut the place down for 24 hours. I promise I thought it was room deodorizer!
* Thank you praying for us every day.
* Thank you for never letting me quit anything I started even though I really wanted to.
* Thank you for making me laugh!
* Thank you for moving me in to Valdosta State University, then moving me out the next day to keep me out of trouble.
*Thank you for never getting mad when you were almost asleep, and I'd have just ONE more thing to tell you about my day.
* Thank you for taking me to church every time the doors opened.
* and much much more!
Mom, thank you for everything! When we say that you are the greatest mom, we mean it. I don't know of any other woman who could raise three girls alone, while working multiple jobs, going to school, making our clothes, and staying sane. Ok, the sane part was stretching it. You are truly amazing, and I hope to be half the mom you are to my children that you have been to us. You are the most humble, giving, and compassionate person I know. I want to be just like you when I grow up! I love you.