Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Silhouette Necklace

I found a silhouette necklace tutorial on a fun blog called, Less Than Perfect Life of Bliss.  It reminded me of a similar neckalce that I saw at Anthropologie, that I will never be able to afford. I immediately got up and went to Hobby Lobby to get materials...no, I'm not kidding! Living accross the street from Hobby Lobby and Target has been the single biggest mistake of my husband's life!

 Let me say, this was the easiest project I've ever completed! Honestly, the hardest part was cutting the tiny silhouette out. It's amazing to think of all of the creations that can come from this one tutorial. You could take pics of anything and make them silhouettes...pets, children, etc. Endless possibilities! I won't post the entire tutorial, but I will share some tips that I found helpful when I made mine.

First, I took a pic of MC in front of a white door/wall, wearing a black top. (She looks thrilled, huh?)














I used Publisher to change the photo from Color to Black/White. When I changed the color, it left a few white spots on her head for some reason, so I just used Paint.net to fill in the spots with black.














Here are a few pics of the finished project! I added another charm, and I'm thinking about adding two more: an initial and a birthstone. We'll see!












You'll find the rest of the instructions here.

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear how you customized this project.

2 comments:

Charis Hill said...

love it that is so cute!
i can't get over how grown up MC looks! hahah precious.

Katy Rose said...

I love this! It turned out great! I live near Hobby Lobby and Target, too. Are you in Greer? If so, we must live close to each other!