Thursday, January 12, 2012

Have you ever found yourself here?

"But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father secretly. Then your Father, Who knows all secrets, will reward you." Matthew 6:6, NLT

As I was reading this morning, I noticed my mind wandering (not unusual), but the strange part is where my mind was wandering. I was actually reading God's word, but thinking about who else could use it and where I could share it. While, I don't believe these are horrible things to think, I do believe that my time with Lord wasn't time with the Lord. I wasn't with him at all. Instead of engaging in communication with him, I was engaging in myself! (not unusual) I should've been reading that verse, allowing it to sink in, and asking him how to apply it in my relationship with Him.

Often times, I (and maybe you too) are too engrossed in our "ministry," that we miss what He is trying to say to us. We get caught up trying to: plan a ministry event, create that event on FB, see how many friends "like" it, and dwell on why the others don't! What I mean is, sometimes, we get so busy trying to minister to others that we abandon our relationship with the One we are ministering for!

Maybe you've found yourself in this moment too? Maybe, we need to slow down, find a quiet place, and spend real time with our heavenly Father! The good news is that He desires that time with us, and He wants us to desire time with Him.

This may have just been for me today, but I'm glad that I got it out! :) Happy Thursday!

No comments: