Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tutorial - Tank Top Refashion

Ok, first things first, I DO NOT SEW! I'm serious!

I decided to ATTEMPT to create a tutorial for these tanks after hearing from several of you. I use the word, attempt, because I am not sure that I can explain well enough for you to recreate. Please know that I have full confidence in your skills, it is mine that I am unsure of. I would love to see pics of your tanks/shirts.

Speaking of, this can be done with any type of shirt or tank top. Also, you can attach the rosettes however you like. I have seen them placed around the entire neckline which is adorable.

Funny story: I ran in to my beautiful friend, Corletta, while wearing this, and she asked to see the underside of the tank. If you could see the sewing on the underside of the tank, you would understand why this is a funny story!

Well, off you go, get to work, start creating!


Step 1: You are going to cut three circles for each rosette. Use a soda can (Coca-Cola Classic is my favorite, but you can use what you want! Just sayin’!) to outline your largest circle. The other two circles have to be smaller than the one before. [It doesn’t matter the size of the circles!]

Step 2: Pinch the back side of the three circles to form the rosette.


Step 3: Use a needle and thread to finish the rosette.



Step 4: Attach the rosettes in bunches to create the look you want.
ADDITIONAL PHOTOS:
[Completed Reosettes]

[Up close and personal]

[embarrassed that this tank could be decoration in our bedroom]
[Marli and Me]

7 comments:

~Destiny said...

those are soo cute...i just might have to give that a try! : )

Corletta said...

Girl...you know I am headed straight to Target to grab me some Mossimo tank tops to try it!!! Don't you be wearing yours on Sunday!!! :)

Charis Hill said...

youre so cool.

Anonymous said...

I give birth to be familiar with a insufficient of the articles on your website in the present circumstances, and I unqualifiedly like your tastefulness of blogging. I added it to my favorites trap stage muster and last will and testament be checking assist soon. Cheer report register out my position as highly and let me be familiar with what you think. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I love it, I have no idea how to sew, but you made it look so easy! I want to try this as soon as I get a tank top to try it on:)

Anonymous said...

Hurrah, that's what I was searching for, what a information! present here at this weblog, thanks admin of this site.

Feel free to surf to my site ... www thottbot com

Anonymous said...

smokeless cigarettes, buy electronic cigarette, electronic cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, electronic cigarette, e cigarette reviews