Thursday, April 22, 2010

30 at 30!

So, I turned 30 a couple of weeks ago. I want to thank you all for wishing me a Happy Birthday! Most of you know that my motto for this birthday was, "I'm giving up being a very old 20, and starting a new year as a very young 30! I heard some great things from you all, one of my favorites, 30 is the new 20. So true!

I posted in January about my lifestyle change, aka my diet, but I haven't updated you since then. Since the middle of January, I've lost 30 pounds! I have also started working out with a PT 5x/week. I feel better than I have felt in a long time. I'm almost back to my college weight!

Anyway, speaking of my birthday and diet. Wait a minute! Those two things don't go together at all. You can't diet on your 30th birthday!!! I thought I would share a pic of my birthday lunch.



After lunch, we hung out with my family, watched Marli swing in her new swing (thank you ANDY), and then went to dinner at Thaicoon. I forgot to mention the delicious cupcake from my favorite shop, Iced, that I enjoyed in the middle of the day.

The next day, after church, my family went with us downtown for some pics and gelato at Luna Rosa. I am starting to see a pattern here. I think the only thing I did for my birthday is EAT! Here are some pics from downtown:

[I did steal/borrow these pics from my sister's blog, which happens to be the funniest blog EVER!]






There you have it! 30 is the new 20!

6 comments:

Julianna said...

And now I know what I want for a snack after supper - slaw dog! (It's tough eating for 3: me, Leah, & baby #2. :)

Anonymous said...

I totally don't know you and that's ok (I followed you over from Corletta's blog..don't know her either) and I just want to say "congrats"!!! You and Corletta inspire me to keep going! I started my weight loss journey in January as well and lost 32 pounds at 32 years of age! I still have a few more left, though, after having 4 kids. Anyway, keep going, you're doing awesome and keep looking to Jesus!

Corletta said...

Delecta,
You are so silly! I love how you told the whole truth with what you ate for your birthday lunch. Ha...all you did was eat...stop it! You looked good while you were eating...right.... :) By the way...apparently you got a new friend from my blog. Hmmm...I wonder who that is?!?!

second breath said...

Happy late Bday! Hope it was awesome!

Lane Moore said...

oh super happy belated birthday...I've kind of been a little disconnected from the blogworld lately. BTW...can't believe how big she is getting! oh my goodness!

Parkison Family said...

Way to go on the weight loss. Wish I could get motivated...I just love food so much! :)